Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore is a part of the Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care, which is divided into three categories: Carnivore, Herbivore, and Omnivore. By using these products singly or in combination, many different ill exotic animals can benefit nutritionally.
- Designed for herbivorous mammals including rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas and herbivorous reptiles such as green iguanas and tortoises
- It can also be fed in combination with other Emeraid products to a variety of species, including box turtles, geese, mice and rats, gerbils and hamsters
- Powder is easily mixed with water to create a formula that can pass through tubes as small as 5-French
Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore is a therapeutic diet to be used only under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator
This diet contains:
- High fiber content to enhance gastrointestinal motility. The primary source of fiber is cellulose, a relatively gentle source of fiber that will not irritate the already hypersensitive gastrointestinal tract of the critically ill herbivore.
- All essential amino acids, making protein more easily absorbable
- High levels of arginine and glutamine to meet the needs of the debilitated patient
- A highly digestible, easily absorbable blend of fats and simple carbohydrates for energy
- Balanced omega 3:6 polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Dietary nucleotides to provide DNA and RNA precursors
Unopened Emeraid can be stored in a refrigerator or freezer for up to 5 years.
Once opened, Emeraid can be stored in a refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 year