Developed by an expert panel including exotic animal veterinarians, emergency clinicians and nutritionists, Emeraid IC Carnivore is a part of the Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care, which is divided into three categories: Carnivore, Herbivore, and Omnivore. By using these products singly or in combination, many different ill exotic animals can benefit nutritionally.
- It has been used successfully in a variety of species including ferrets, birds of prey, frogs and toads, lizards (e.g., leopard geckos, monitors, anoles, Caiman lizards, plated lizards) and snakes
- It can also be fed in combination with other exotic Emeraid diets to a variety of species including box turtles, bearded dragons, skinks, chameleons, aquatic turtles, geese, many free-ranging songbirds, and hedgehogs*
- Powder is easily mixed with water to create a formula that can pass through tubes as small as 5-French
Emeraid IC Carnivore is a therapeutic diet designed to be used only under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator.
Emeraid® IC Carnivore contains:
- All essential free amino acids and hydrolyzed soy protein for optimal absorption of protein
- High levels of arginine and glutamine to meet the needs of the debilitated patient
- A highly digestible blend of fats and simple carbohydrates for energy
- Balanced omega 3/6 polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Dietary nucleotides to provide DNA and RNA precursors
Unopened Emeraid can be stored in a refrigerator or freezer for up to 5 years.
Once opened, Emeraid can be stored in a refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 year